Editorial in Egypt's al-Ahram
"The destruction brought about by the dreadful Hurricane Katrina confirms that human beings, even the most powerful ones on earth, cannot prevent the powerful agitation of nature, whose force cannot be compared with human strength. The reality is that human suffering in this disaster requires solidarity from the whole world."
08 September 2005
Interesting Katrina-Related Quote from Egypt
(courtesy the BBC website linked above)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context
We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you ha...
-
"Do not love the world." How disturbing is THAT? I know what they are getting at, being the good preacher's daughter that I am...
-
Y'all, I am scared of guns. I will admit that right here and now. Scared Stupid Of Guns. Before you ask, I have fired two guns in my lif...
-
Holy moly. I was raised in a very quiet household. I can remember a college boyfriend commenting that he was nervous in my parents' ho...
No comments:
Post a Comment