31 March 2008

Is it still called "Vacation Head..."

...if you aren't coming back?

Now that everyone knows our plans and I think I have the support of my family and friends in our decision to live in the UK, I feel like I'm ready for it to happen now. Now. Yesterday. Soon.

I have never been very good with being patient.

I found myself being very slack with work last week. This week I almost considered letting one of our clinicians interpret for her own client (something I'm vehemently against for ethical and boundary reasons) just so that I could take some time off and go to Atlanta to see Liz and Andrew before they head back to the UK this weekend...why? Of course because I love them dearly, but also because they are a link to Simon and a link to my new life...and because if Andrew talks to me long enough I can almost hear the Yorkshire in his voice.

Liz will get me for that one, I'm sure...love you, ebeth. Mmmmmwa.

Simon and I started going through my collection of Very Important Things that Must Move With Me Everytime I Move while he was here...boxes of old receipts, tons of old photographs, clothes that haven't been out of boxes in more than five years...stuff. It's all just stuff and I still have a good metric TON to go through before I move.

Before I move...in February of 2009. I say it like that and it sounds like it's a million miles away. But if I let myself think on it too long it's right around the corner and I start feeling like I'm never going to get everything done on time.

Serious Vacation Head. Can you call in sick for that?

No comments:

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...