19 November 2012
Nanowrimo Update...
So far, so good-but-behind. Not gonna let this get on top of me like last August, though...
As I may have mentioned already, I'm doing another EQ fan fic this time around and actually, I am seeing results that I hadn't expected. Characters that I have lived with and loved and fueled and written about for almost ten years now are trusting me enough to show me their back-stories and I'm finding it hard to stay in the here and now because I want to spend all my time in Norrath around the campfire burning in my imagination and listen to everything they have to tell me. Who knew that two of them met while imprisoned in Lower Guk, or that two others were actually childhood friends?
Anyway, it's proving to be one of the most enjoyable Nanos I've done so far, and for that I am so grateful. It takes my mind off flooding basements and inoperative toilets and back pain due to corset contortions in a privy at festival two days ago...well, the typing probably isn't helping the back pain but with stories like I'm being asked to tell by my characters I can endure.
See everyone the other side of 50K words!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context
We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you ha...
-
"Do not love the world." How disturbing is THAT? I know what they are getting at, being the good preacher's daughter that I am...
-
Y'all, I am scared of guns. I will admit that right here and now. Scared Stupid Of Guns. Before you ask, I have fired two guns in my lif...
-
Holy moly. I was raised in a very quiet household. I can remember a college boyfriend commenting that he was nervous in my parents' ho...

No comments:
Post a Comment