09 February 2024

February 2024 Newsletter

Kaylee Frye looks at fifty...two.

How is it February already? I will tell you: we've escaped from the 357,899 days of January, that's how.

If you remember from my previous newletters, I have been in treatment for breast cancer since last July, and I think I am finally in the homestretch. Part of that awfully long January was surgery, and while it is imparining my ability to sit and write for a long time, I can do short bursts. Most of that time is spent editing the next Guardians novel and working on that project I can't talk about yet with my friend and co-author, Tony Daniel (Return to Sender: From the Files of Pyramid Investigations).

My appearance schedule is turning out to be a bit more sparse than last year which makes me sad. One of the things I love about conventions and shows is the chance to talk books with other authors and readers - I genuinely want to know what kind of books you like to read. I've even found some recommendations for my TBR pile at some of these events. So far, I have three events on my calendar (I'm still waiting for a response from ConCarolinas and ConGregate 10) and one of them is coming up this month.

The twist is that I won't be there in person - I'm not cleared to drive yet, so my fantastic sherpas Angel and Melissa will be holding down the fort at CONPossible in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, 16-18 February. This event, formerly known as the Atlanta Steampunk Expo, is fantastic and the folks that put it on are just wonderful. I'm sorry that I won't be there in person but please stop in if you're local and looking for a fun weekend event...Melissa and Angel will have signed copies of my books for sale as well as bookmarks - my campaign against dog-eared pages in books continues!

I think that's all for now. I hope that I will have a better picture of my event schedule next month, and will be that much closer to the next Guardian novel's release date in May. As always, I could not do any of this without you, and I appreciate your support more than you know. Ta, y'all!




No comments:

Music Monday: Are you strong enough?

As I said last week, I ran across a song that blends two of the most perfect female voices in modern music, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow. Th...