06 May 2024

Music Monday: In the crystalline knowledge of the Baskervilles

[So, I am very sorry that this video doesn't have Mama Stevie actually on the screen singing, but I wanted to find one that included the lyrics so here we are.]

I heard a Sheryl Crow song this past weekend that was being performed live in a duet with Stevie Nicks and I just stopped what I was doing to listen. Love her or hate her, think she was better in Fleetwood Mac than solo, it is my humble and often correct opinion that Stevie Nicks is an American treasure as far as music goes...and that made me think of the soundtrack to the movie, Practical Magic, which has some of her best work on it.

(It didn't hurt that I have been thinking a lot about my novel Strid, which I've always said is kind of Practical Magic meets Clash of the Titans.)

So please enjoy this, the first of several songs that always make my summer playlist as well as remind me of Lucy and Annie Boyd...I think that they need another mystery to solve, eh?


No comments:

Music Monday: Are you strong enough?

As I said last week, I ran across a song that blends two of the most perfect female voices in modern music, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow. Th...