Here's one of my favorite of the Chasing Abbey songs that have become my latest hyper fixation: Arís is Arís (Ah-reesh ish ah-reesh) which is an idiom meaning Again and Again. The words are on the screen so you don't need the automatic captions. I especially like it because it taught me the name for one of my novels, Darkness (Dorchadas). See? Language nerd.🤓Enjoy.
24 August 2026
Music Monday: Is í an teanga mo ghrá.
(Pronounced: Iss ee un tyang-uh muh graw) The title (in Irish) means I love language, specifically the Irish language, also called Gaeilge (pronounced GWEIL-geh). I'm getting very into learning Irish (via Duolingo, best I can manage for now), and one of the easiest ways for me to remember things is singing them. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music Monday: Is í an teanga mo ghrá.
(Pronounced: Iss ee un tyang-uh muh graw ) The title (in Irish) means I love language, specifically the Irish language, also called Gaeilge ...
-
"Do not love the world." How disturbing is THAT? I know what they are getting at, being the good preacher's daughter that I am...
-
Y'all, I am scared of guns. I will admit that right here and now. Scared Stupid Of Guns. Before you ask, I have fired two guns in my lif...
-
Well, not exactly...this morning on one of my message boards there was a discussion brewing about who was voting for whom, something that NE...
No comments:
Post a Comment