We may see the news shows or listen to the radio. Some of us are NPR junkies and can't get enough. Others get up an hour earlier than we have to in order to catch the world service from the BBC.
Here's something else to add to your routine. It's a Flickr member who also is a contributor to Yahoo. He is called Kevin Sites, and he has taken some breathtaking and earth-shattering images from around the globe, specifically in the "hotzones" of the world. He has images from Sri Lanka, from Afghanistan, from Kashmir, and all of them remind us that behind the news stories and the wartime rhetoric there are real people that are just like us in the world that are suffering, rejoicing, and living, just as we do.
Click on the link in the title. You'll be glad you did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context
We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you ha...
-
"Do not love the world." How disturbing is THAT? I know what they are getting at, being the good preacher's daughter that I am...
-
Y'all, I am scared of guns. I will admit that right here and now. Scared Stupid Of Guns. Before you ask, I have fired two guns in my lif...
-
Holy moly. I was raised in a very quiet household. I can remember a college boyfriend commenting that he was nervous in my parents' ho...
No comments:
Post a Comment