28 October 2025
Music Monday on Tuesday: Kyrie, y'all
I've recently started listening to a playlist I call Music Therapy after seeing loads of fellow Gen X folks financing to "our" music on the clock app. This one came on and it struck me that it was spot on for the past two years of cancer treatment for me. The title, "Kyrie Eleison" which means "Lord Have Mercy" is more than a prayer to God in the Christian tradition, to me anyway. In my mind, it is a general call for help... and it worked for me during those years. I had a tribe, a found family, in the form of a private social media group called "Yeeting Eugene," and those folks pulled me along on days I couldn't do it myself. So here is my reminder to ask for help... and mercy. I hope it helps you too. (The video has captions for the lyrics.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context
We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you ha...
-
"Do not love the world." How disturbing is THAT? I know what they are getting at, being the good preacher's daughter that I am...
-
Y'all, I am scared of guns. I will admit that right here and now. Scared Stupid Of Guns. Before you ask, I have fired two guns in my lif...
-
Holy moly. I was raised in a very quiet household. I can remember a college boyfriend commenting that he was nervous in my parents' ho...
No comments:
Post a Comment