28 September 2026

Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context

We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you haven't read my other Orana Chronicles, Elys is a wood elf druid who was born with the soul of a warrior. Part of her backstory involves getting unsanctioned training from a high elf which led to both of them being banished. Where Gin is a healer and generally a mother figure, Elys is...a firebug. She is the one that doesn't care what the size of the room is, she's casting fireball. 

Except when she is with her "wee man," the gnome warrior, Hack. The two of them are soulmates on the level of two halves of the same whole...but don't bring it up because she will deny it. In "The Druid's Nature," I'm introducing you properly to Elys, and I hope you find her as endearing and hilarious as I do. This song is all Elys, jumping before she thinks things through. "Y'all stand back, I'm gonna try something." Enjoy.


(Those who know me know that I am VERY careful when using any words that might be a slur or the inappropriate use of an indigenous term or something offensive to a culture different than my own. So I have researched this song up one side and down the other (wonder where THAT idiom is from? Hmmm...) and have landed on it not being offensive because it is using the name of an Apache hero in a way that recalls bravery, which is how he is remembered. Still...I will take it down in a hot minute if I find out I am wrong. HOT. MINUTE.)

No comments:

Music Monday: Geronimo...with some context

We are less than a month out from the newest Orana story greeting the world, and this song made me think of the protagonist, Elys. If you ha...