26 January 2007

Tagging Makes a Literary Comeback

I've been tagged by liz, and I'm further tagging Amy and Sooz.

Instructions are as follows:

1. open the nearest book to page 123
2. type 6 - 8 lines of the book
3. tag 3 other folks (only if you want to, I only tagged 2 people and that's how these things get started...)

From Hidden Talents, by Erica James:

She was saved from having to respond by the sound of a door slamming upstairs. Grateful for the distraction, she excused herself. She took the stairs two at a time, wishing, as the distance grew between her and Nathan, that she could turn back the clock on the last five minutes.

What had just happened?

How could she have made such a fool of herself?

Of course he hadn't been trying to jump her. All he'd asked her for was a kiss. It was no big deal.

And I don't even know who that SHE is because I haven't gotten that far in the book yet...

Next??

1 comment:

Susan Allen Grady said...

So, I guess I respond to the tag here?

The following is from "This I Believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women," a collection of essays from the 1950s radio program by the same name and its current revival on NPR.

p. 123:

To state clearly and honestly one's beliefs in a few hundred words is a large order in any man's language, particularly so if one has been a victim of a number of very personal tragedies.

Ever since my adolescent mind began to comprehend the complexities of our daily life, I looked upon a human being as a personification od that great unknown with a very specific mission on earth to fulfill.

On nostalgia and panic attacks...

So I'm sitting here at my desk, minding my own business and thinking it is about time to heat up my lunch when I hear a sound that imm...