01 February 2006

Checking in with Tater

It has not been the worst day I've ever had, but I definitely wouldn't categorize it as great.

Problem the First: I finished Chainfire today, which is the most recent in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. Now, where some of the books leave you hanging a bit, wanting to make sure you get the next one on your way home from work or at least in the next few days, Chainfire has left me positively DROOLING for the next book. I feel as though Goodkind has dropped me off a literary cliff and I am plummeting down to the next installment, Phantom, scheduled for release on July 18, 2006. JULY! I have fallen completely in love with the characters in the book, and if he NEVER stopped writing about them I wouldn't complain.

Ah, to be that kind of author...

Problem the Second: I've been hit this week with a bout of insomnia. Sunday night I was up until about 2am. Monday night it was 2:30. Last night I remember checking my pager-turned-alarm-clock at 2:30 but I was already in the bed half dozing. I'm really thinking that it is PMS, and I'm charting things now like my headaches and heart palpitations. However, the insomnia creates unpleasant side effects, like falling DEAD asleep in my chair at my desk here at the hospital. Not a good plan.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

My 3pm assignment is not happening (yeah, I know it's 3:25 according to the clock here on the computer) so I'm outta here. I'll be working from the Bleckley Office tomorrow, so I won't have to get up as early. And don't forget, the Plumber is coming tomorrow, rejoice, give thanks, and sing!

1 comment:

Kalyne said...

Insomnia is never good.
I hope you get sleep soon.

Music Monday: Of Living Masterpieces

I will admit to being low-key obsessed and potentially hyper fixated on the latest album from an artist I'd never really heard of before...