27 February 2006

Thought but not Said

1. You don't have the right nor the authority to tell me where I can or can't go, what I can or can't afford, or anything else of the sort anymore.

2. If we were good at communication, we would not be where we are now. This morning should not have been a surprise to either of us.

3. Thank you for the reminder of why I am where I am now, lest I forget and become weak in a moment of loneliness.

4. If I have to take peanut butter, bread, and bottled water to eat while I'm on my vacation this weekend, so be it because it is important to my mental health (and the safety of all those around me) that I go.

Thank goodness for my family, both family of origin and those that are family to me now, or I sometimes think I might just run away and never come back. Today I had planned to talk about milestones...setting up my own bank account...finding a place to live that's only mine...managing being a single dog/cat parent and working and keeping up with responsibilities...getting the dishes and the clothes washed, for heaven's sake. But all my milestones faded in the face of one phone conversation this morning, and two hours later I'm still on the verge of angry tears. Nothing a little fast food can't make better, however...and it is lunchtime after all.

3 comments:

eBeth said...

nan - hang in there. from one emotional eater to another, just remember - Big Macs are not prozac! :) :) :)

Nancy E. Dunne said...

Oh no no no, honey, no Big Macs here. We do have some taste in this family. When we are emotional and we eat, we head straight for the Chick-Fil-A.

I'm still wondering if I can get Profile to share the Rx for Xanax (!) that the vet gave him for his anxiety-chewing?

Kalyne said...

Big macs work for me...

Just without onions, mustard, or pickles.... Otherwise they're fine. ;)

♥ you, Nan.

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...