27 September 2005

A New Link for Brave Lettuce

There is a new button on the sidebar for a site that I've been visiting for some time now (especially when I need a good laugh). The site is called Dubya Speak, and some of the quotes are just hysterically terrifying. In addition to printing the quotes, the webmaster for this site adds some interesting background information and hilarious commentary on our President's unique spin on the English language.

Here are two new favorites, complete with commentary:
"Here's what I believe. I believe that the great city of New Orleans will rise again and be a greater city of New Orleans. I believe the town where I used to come -- from Houston, Texas, to enjoy myself, occasionally too much -- will be that very same town, that it will be a better place to come to."
-- Dubya pledges to make New Orleans a frat boy party town once again, New Orleans, Louisiana, Sep. 2, 2005

"And I just -- I cannot speak strongly enough about how we must collectively get after those who kill in the name of -- in the name of some kind of false religion."
-- Would that be Islam, Dubya? Press appearance with King Abdullah of Jordan, Aug. 1, 2002

As well as the quotes, the webmaster has a section called Dubya Incidents, highlighting Dubya's trademark way of stumbling through his job. Make sure you check out Dubya needs a bathroom break and Fratboy Statesman, though the latter isn't really suitable for children.

Ahhh, thank you again, oh Commander in Chief, for brightening my Tuesday and reminding us all that...
"Education belongs to everybody. High standards belongs to everybody."
-- Yes they does... White House, Oct. 2, 2003

No comments:

Music Monday: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow...

No, I'm not going to quote the Scottish play. But I am going to recommend a singer that I'd never heard before tonight, as I was wat...