08 September 2005

Quote for the Day

This just jumped out at me (go figure, look at the title of my blog!!) from the BBC website. I was following a link in liz's blog and checking out Antony and the Johnsons who won this year's Mercury Music prize. This is the lead singer, Antony Hegarty, describing the competition:
"It's kind of like a crazy contest between an orange and a spaceship and a potted plant and a spoon - which one do you like better?" he said. -BBC

I love it! I'm not so sure about their music...the one sample I've heard on the BBC site was a little too Boy Georgy/George Michaely for me, but it had a bit of a Bob Geldorf overtone that I kinda liked. I'll have to research the band more.

No comments:

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...