11 August 2005

I'm so behind!

I am so out of the loop that I didn't know until...yesterday that the Firelake Festival was going to be just up the road in Cherokee County, SC! How did I miss that?

I'll tell you how. I've been avoiding everything that had to do with real life outside of my four walls recently and living my life through my computer...much as I'm doing now. I didn't know where I was going to end up working. I didn't know where I would end up living. So instead of being proactive, I've become very reactive and hurtful and just generally no fun to be around.

No more.

I wish I could go to Firelake but I can't...but what I can do is stand up and walk away from this machine and live some real life for a change. Snuggle with a greyhound on the couch. Drag a string for a cat to chase. Get out in my car and look for a place to live.

Yeah, I could do all that...but what I'll probably do is stay right here where I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya there!

I've just been avoiding everything.

I kinda can't avoid my 9 hours of tae kwon do a week, but, otherwise i'm right there with you.... I LOVE the computer. I don't actually have to talk. And if someone bothers me, all I have to do is signout. How I wish I could do that in real life, just sign out of a conversation.

Love,
The K
(Kalyne)

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...