04 August 2005

What Dreams May Come...

I had a dream last night/this morning about Buffy. She was my best friend from the time I was 10 until I was a sophomore in college. Buffy was a pedigreed American Cocker Spaniel, with papers from the AKC and beautiful buff colored fur. She had brown eyes you could fall into, and an indominable spirit that just loved to play play play.

My dream was strange. I dreamt I was going to a vet's office to see if I could get Buff an appointment. When I got into the office, there were several other folks there with cocker spaniels, and two or three in a large cage/run/stainless steel place they put dogs in vet offices and pet stores. The people were talking to the vet about their dogs having weepy eyes and how to correct it...a common problem in cocker spaniels I think. I waited my turn, and when the vet finally turned to talk to me, it occurred to me that Buff was not alive anymore. Not only that, but she's been gone more than 10 years. All I could manage to say was that I had a cocker too, and was wondering what the life span was. I was told "10-12 years, how old is yours?" I answered that she was 12, the entire time thinking that I was lying, that Buff was 10 when she died in 1991 and it was now 2005 and I was lying to a vet.

How odd is that? I haven't thought about my little soccer playing girly in forever, and she creeps into a dream like that. I woke up with Jeany's nose pressed into the middle of my back as she chased down a dream-bunny, and Profile's head nuzzling me in the stomach. Mills was curled up next to my head purring like a freight train, which was probably why the vet's office in my dream had a LOUD A/C going...

Weirdness.

1 comment:

∫ťǾŖŖmłệ said...

well, if this helps any-- dunno about the whole actual interpretation of the whole background of the dream - but this is from dream dictionary

Dog -- A dream of dogs is usually a fairly good omen. A dog barking happily shows that you will have a pleasing social life. A friendly, happy dog shows that you have lots of good friends.

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...