07 September 2011
Granted, I have a fantastic set of parents that have let me all but take over the back part of their house. My things are all over one of the bedrooms. There are enough renaissance festival gowns hanging in the "big room" to make Elizabeth I's closet cry out in jealousy and shame. But it isn't MY space.
I have fabulous friends that let me stay over at their houses when I need to travel for work. I have an absolute SAINT who is keeping our new greyhound, Clown, until I have a permanent place to go that allows dogs. But that isn't my space.
I had an almost breakdown Monday night at the prospect of more traveling. This week it is particularly busy because I'm working two days in Greenville and interviewing for a full time job in Charleston in between. But I slept on it, packed my bag, and headed north on autopilot...
...and it's all fine. Jobs in Greenville sorted. Interview to prepare for but really...I am what I am and this is the third one so...? Good tunes and a good car to drive down to the beach.
Life at the beach could be incredible. What's the happy surprise then? That I'm still hanging on and in...that I've been living from a suitcase since May and I'm getting to be okay with it...and that the trousers I bought yesterday were too big. Happy surprises, all of them. Here's to having another happy surprise after that interview tomorrow...
01 September 2011
2. I'm not entirely sure that Delta knows the difference between vegetarian and vegan. I'm also not sure that I know the difference between vegetarian and Doesn't Eat Meat.
3. The exit row is only good if you've got the aisle seat OR an extra layer of whale-like blubber to insulate you from the COLD exit row door.
4 .I could win a gold medal if whinging was an Olympic sport.
5. I love the UK but I do not love where we lived in Keighley. My homesickness for the UK is genuine. I love the culture (for the most part, yobs and chavs not included) and the history and the people (see above yob/chav disclaimer) but I let the negative aspects of my immediate situation ruin a fantastic growth opportunity.
6. I have good friends that I love dearly in the US and the UK.
7. If you look crazy/jet-lagged enough, the BILO employees will let you use that store's Bonuscard account at the till.
8. It will not kill you to listen to the same two songs on repeat as you are stuck in traffic just outside of Charlotte.
9. The staff at Manchester Airport are the nicest airport staff I've ever dealt with, bar none.
10. I don't care where I end up living, as long as Simon and my animals are within arm's reach.
(PS-Hello, Jet Lag. Don't make yourself too comfortable, I'd like you gone as soon as possible.)
Don't worry, I'm not one of those players who will send you to Whamhalla on purpose, just because I can. Because I can't. Not fr...
Litchfield Beach, SC I'm doing better with at least thinking about updating this blog, y'all, I swear. So this past weekend I ...
Just a reminder that for less than the cost of a coffee you can have your own Kindle copy of SCORCH on launch day to finish up the ...
I'm going to talk about grief today, and not just because we just lost that gorgeous face there yesterday afternoon to a very aggressive...