17 January 2008

winter.


winter.
Originally uploaded by Nancy Allen
We actually got snow in Greenville! Last night it was falling pretty steadily for about four hours or so. HUGE flakes too! Daisy had never seen snow before, so that was kind of a challenge, getting her to actually go outside. Poor thing probably thought the sky was falling! She went out with me one time, but a large flake landed in her eye so she squinted and ran back to the back door as fast as possible.

Today it's raining but it's freezing rain so it's still very cold, wet, and slushy outside. I'm trying to imagine why the state didn't close offices today...only thing I can come up with is that the state capitol is in Columbia, where it's consistently five degrees warmer than anywhere else in the state. I'm just glad I don't have any appointments this morning!!

Just looking at that photo makes me cold...

No comments:

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...