03 August 2005

They drag me back in!!!

Today would officially be two weeks since I told my boss at DMH that I was considering leaving. Two weeks from when he started working on a counter offer. Oh, it's also two days away from my last day with SCDMH if they don't come up with something.

Got a call from GPC last night. Not so much a raised salary offer, but an option...I could start there spring semester instead of next month in order to have more time to find a place to live, etc. It's something to think about.

Every time I get settled...every time I am at peace with what's going on in my life, the apple cart turns over and I have to start all over again. I guess it keeps me on my toes and reminds me to never become complacent, but geez. Enough already?

Oh, and as icing on the cake...I found out yesterday that Dekalb County has a three animal limit. I guess that means pet liscensing and all that...also means that me and my at least five (2 greyhounds and 3 cats) animals won't be moving there. That kind of thing REALLY makes me mad. I'm not a hoarder, I don't have 3 million critters, and my animals are well cared for...I don't like some government folks telling me how many animals I can have! So if I take the GPC job I can't live close to work because I won't live in Dekalb County.

Two days to go. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Music Monday: Of Living Masterpieces

I will admit to being low-key obsessed and potentially hyper fixated on the latest album from an artist I'd never really heard of before...