14 May 2006

Happy Mother's Day...to Me


Sluuurrrp!
Originally uploaded by NanLassiter.



They may not be my real offspring. They may be furry and four-legged. They may chew my shoes, pee and poop on my floor, break things with their tails or unravel rugs with their claws. They may purr and roo rather that laugh and sing.

They may be my pets, rather than my children, but I am still the Mommy, and today celebrate the love that they give me...no conditions, no demands...they just love me...because I'm the Mommy.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, moms of skin-kids and fur-kids alike.

No comments:

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...