13 May 2008

What to do when you can't sleep...

Make lists.

1. Sleep.

2. If number one doesn't work, play Everquest.

3. Still awake? Cruise iTunes and discover that your new favorite band, Bitter:Sweet has a new album out. If you caught the first season of Lipstick Jungle, then you heard Bitter:Sweet in the theme song, The Bomb. I've been waiting for the album to come out and just happened to log into iTunes on the very day. Fate, I tell ya.

4. Weird Electronica not your cuppa? Try Christine Kane. Folksy, uplifting, just pretty darned awesome is how I'd describe her. One hundred thousand thank you's, by the way, to Katy for introducing me to this wonderful singer/songwriter. My recommendation is one that seems to be mirroring my life at the moment, a song called Right Outta Nowhere from the album of the same name.
Some choices hold you down
Some chances set you free

Right outta nowhere
You open your heart
And let go of everything
You're going somewhere
And all you need to know
Is that you're free to go

Dream and the way will be clear
Pray and the angels will hear
Leap and the net will appear
5. Still no good? Well, it's probably again not your cup of tea, but I'm loving Say by John Mayer. I love John Mayer, there, I said it...and this song is just one more in a long line of songs that tend to get set on repeat when they come on the iPod.

Hmmm...I think I may have bored myself sleepy posting...

6. Post to the Lettuce...zzzzzz...

2 comments:

Katy said...

I gotta plug Christine's blog...www.ChristineKane.com. It's great; always seems to be something on there I can ponder

Nancy E. Dunne said...

I thought that I'd already added that to my blogroll but I hadn't! So now it's added...and I agree, I LOVE her blog. :)

By the way, HEY KATY! (wave)

Music Monday: Of Living Masterpieces

I will admit to being low-key obsessed and potentially hyper fixated on the latest album from an artist I'd never really heard of before...