01 October 2008

This time it wasn't insomnia...

Last night I was up reading. Reading. For four hours straight.

I haven't had a book touch me enough or inspire me in that way since I finished the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, and even the last two books of that series didn't hold me rapt like what I was reading last night.

I'm sure those in the know (and I KNOW that Julie over at Seven Impossible Things has) have already read this series when it first came out. I avoided it because it was Young Adult Literature...I never could get into the Harry Potter books and thought that was the cause.

I now think it's because HP wasn't dark enough for me...but I digress. Last night I was up reading New Moon...almost 500 pages in one sitting. I can't say enough good things about it...and I'm going to get the next one in the series, Eclipse, today. (If you're interested in the first book, Twilight, click on this post title for the link.)

4 comments:

Kalyne said...

That is by far the best series ever. There's a book coming out from Edward's perspective soon.

If you'd like to borrow the last book in the series, or eclipse, let me know, because it would be one less thing you'd have to buy.

Nancy E. Dunne said...

I have them both now, but thank you! I'm almost done with the last one. It is so well written!! I can see myself and some friends of mine from high school in the characters at times...

Kalyne said...

I can see me and Edward together if he were real!

haha.
you have to admit
you totally see it too.

Kalyne said...

correction: Edward and I.

such ugly grammar I see later after I've already hit 'post' sometimes... GROSS!

Music Monday: Sweet Lark...I mean, Melissa

Yeah, so today's song is speaking to my current #WIP but only in the eyes of the male MC I think. But at the same time, it is a call bac...