17 January 2022

Music Monday: Once Again, with Cody Fry

I posted his remix of Eleanor Rigby, which is almost always on repeat, but that led me to look at more of this fellow's work and it did not disappoint. Though I think most of the TikTok creators that use part of today's Music Monday song aren't really listening to the words, exactly...I think it is amazing and needs to be performed in ASL to really show what's going on in the song. I mean, when the ground begins to shake...? Genius. A classic in the making. This isn't tied to any particular novel I'm working on, per se, but it could be fitted into a few here and there. Good stuff.





Underground
Cody Fry

I woke up underground
Not a light, not a sound
Threw my voice into the dark
But the dark had no remark
Just repeated what I said

Claustrophobic at first
Struck by hunger and thirst
I stood up and looked around
There was nothing to be found
Just a world I couldn't see

And I heard, "Woo"

I can't see you now
I'll find my way
Underground

Then my fear began to ease
From far away whispered a breeze
Telling me to move along
Move along, there's nothing wrong

So I cornered my resolve
Took a breath and took a step
Encountered metal on my left
What a strange thing to find
Metal in this place of mine
Running lengthwise down the hall

And I heard, "Woo"

Then a light broke through the black
I was standing on a track
That little light began to grow
There was no where I could go
And the ground began to shake
No time left to hit the brake
That little light was closing in
And suddenly, I'm floating

Love, I see you now
You found me here
Underground

No comments:

Music Monday: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow...

No, I'm not going to quote the Scottish play. But I am going to recommend a singer that I'd never heard before tonight, as I was wat...