06 March 2023

Music Monday: Of Hazelnut coffee and the NGA Mountains...

The song for this week was such a no-brainer that I had to search previous posts twice to make sure I hadn't already used it. But it's relatively new, released last month, so I'm good. And if not...well, enjoy it again.

This is by P!nk who is one of my favorite artists...ever. The title, Trustfall, would, of course, conjure memories of that beloved/hated team-building game, the trust fall, that was rife at summer camps the world over. My summer camp, Camp Glisson, was no exception - we formed circles and fell into each other's arms in the safe shadows of the woody north Georgia mountains, just like kids did everywhere else.

It was hard for me, and not just because I was a full-sized (and then some, but not in those days, I guess) grown adult falling into the arms of children...it was hard because I find it hard to trust. This song is a balm to that troubled part of my spirit, so I'm sharing it today. Enjoy. And have a mug of hazelnut coffee when you're done - that really does make everything better.

(This time it actually does have functional captions.)


No comments:

Music Monday: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow...

No, I'm not going to quote the Scottish play. But I am going to recommend a singer that I'd never heard before tonight, as I was wat...