29 January 2024

Guest Post/Music Monday: Shannon Bridwell (poet and novelist)

Photo courtesy Redhouse Photography
[This week's guest host for Music Monday is a friend of mine who is a writer, a teacher, a phenomenal dancer, and shares my love for all things canine and D&D. Shannon is a jack of all trades and a master of most anything if she puts her mind to it.]

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon. When my friend Nancy asked me if I wanted to do a guest post for Music Monday I jumped at the chance. Music is poetry set to words and has the power to move people in incredible ways, from the goofy nonsensical songs that bring a smile to the deep, powerful songs that touch the soul. As a dancer, music is an integral part of my art and my life. When Nancy asked, I had one immediate song pop into my head. The past few years have been incredibly difficult for many of us and whenever the struggles and burdens got too heavy, I would remind myself that “we can get better, because we’re not dead yet.”.  It’s a simple phrase, but it means so much more. We can get better and heal our minds, bodies, and souls. We can get better and improve ourselves. We can get better and forge a new path and take chances. Life is filled with darkness, and we can get better and reach for the light. So, I leave you with a song that touches my soul in its simple message. As Frank encourages us, try and get better and don’t ever accept less. We have this one life to live, and we deserve to make it our own stories.  (Lyrics in video.)



No comments:

Music Monday: Skid Row

It isn't that unusual for me to post musical theatre numbers for Music Monday. But this one is extra cool because I got the chance to...