27 July 2026

Music Monday: Summer Memories

Life is always in flux, isn't it? It seems like you get comfortable and then something shifts and CHANGE happens. We are supposed to be able to handle that, right? Adulting, I think we call it.

Sometimes, though, I want to go back to when I didn't have to handle any of it. If you were to ask me if I'd go back to high school, I'd say absolutely not. But some of my youth--lived not as loudly as I would have preferred--comes back to me with this song. I remember listening to it as I was going to my bookshop job in Keighley on the train, and wondering how I ended up there...thousands of miles from that moon and those stars. And here, in the final days of summer, I'm still wondering how I ended up here...so fast.

No regrets, though. No wish to turn back time or be a teenager again. Just...a desire for that feeling, from time to time. I know I'm not alone in that, right? Enjoy.

No comments:

Music Monday: Summer Memories

Life is always in flux, isn't it? It seems like you get comfortable and then something shifts and CHANGE happens. We are supposed to be ...