04 October 2005

My Lefty Liberal Head in the Sand Quote for Today

I have added Bark Bark Woof Woof ("The blog of Mustang Bobby, a writer in South Florida who looks at the world with dry bemusement and tries to get through life without bumping into the furniture. A proud member of the Reality-Based Community.")to my list of daily reads. My quote of the day comes from a post on his blog titled "Sunday Reading," dated 2 October 2005, and is in response to Tom DeLay's comment back in April that a "left-wing syndicate" had focuses its collective ire on him when they could not make headway persecuting Dubya.

Frankly, I think if there was such a thing as a "vast left-wing conspiracy" -- an oxymoron if there ever was one -- we would not have wasted our time on a pipsqueak like Tom DeLay. We would have won the election in 2000, we would have run the Republicans out of the majority in the Congress and Senate, and we would have opened gay bars and abortion clinics in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Dream big dreams, Tom.


Now I'm off to read more on Dubya's appointment of Harriet Miers to fill Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's seat on the Court...I'm not impressed so far with the fact that she is his personal counsel, but we'll see...

1 comment:

Nancy E. Dunne said...

I don't know that he was necessarily saying that... I think it was more to point out the ridiculous finger pointing...what do they call it? Oh, the "blame game" that happens when someone such as Mr. DeLay gets caught doing something wrong. It's not that he was involved in bad things, oh no...it's the liberals that are dreaming up these things to persecute him. Hence the "Dream On, Tom..." The same writer says at one point that if he was just indicted once? Yeah, that might be partisan related. Indicted twice? Not bloody likely...

Music Monday: Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow...

No, I'm not going to quote the Scottish play. But I am going to recommend a singer that I'd never heard before tonight, as I was wat...