18 February 2006

To My Hounds

BoBo - I miss how I'd hear your tags jingling when I put my key in the lock at the end of the day because you were the only one responsible enough to be allowed free reign of the house. The day you died was the last day I used the front door to come into the old house in Anderson.

Lizzard - I haven't known when it's 4:30pm since the day I left for Mountain Hounds because my Lizzard-Alarm is gone. Ask the others, they'll tell you. I miss your big blind eyes staring at me till your nose figures out who I am and nips me on the nose like the disobediant pup I always am.

Profile - I love how you've managed to make a race track out of the 3 foot by 3 foot space in the guest room that has carpet, and how your eyes look when you lay your ears back and staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare at me.

Jeany - I love how you chatter your teefers like there's an earthquake going on in your mouth and how when you perk your ears up your eyebrows follow suit.

Hunky - I love how after almost six years of being my protector, my lovey boy, my best friend and the other half of my brain...after six years, every time I lean down to hug you, you still stick your nose up into my hair right next to my neck, take a deep breath like you're memorizing me, and sigh.

No comments:

Music Monday: Road Trips, Camp Friends, and Philosophy Of Loss

[From a post on the Book of Faces] I want to tell you about my good friend Brina. She was able to get some tickets to see the Indigo Girls l...